Cebu – Bohol Series: 2. Kawasan Falls

We want a blue crystal clear waterfalls that’s why Kawasan is in our must see place in Cebu.

After the long road trip and a crazy stomach!

It’s Kawasan falls day! We planned to woke up as early as 5am to get ready to our ride to Kawasan Falls but then I guess we managed to get out our bed at already pass 6am. We packed our things and decided to eat in the small cafeteria located at 2nd floor of Sampaguita Suites. We managed to leave the Suites at around 8am and get a cab to bring us to the bus terminal going to Badian. From there, we took the 3 hour drive to Badian. We all continued our sleep in the bus until we reached the stop over. We bought some bread and hal bought his energy drink to wake him up and I got to sip some.

My stomach started to growl after that, yes I felt so awkward and it seems that some part of me wanted to do something not nice during the trip. Oh no not this time! Yes, I continued my sleep but it keeps on bugging me, until I really can’t control it.  I’m sweating cold and the rough and zigzag road was not helping. We asked the conductor how many hours left and he said it’s still more than an hour to Badian. I can’t wait any longer. With no choice, we just looked for somewhere we can drop off to explode. Hal was laughing inside but was really concern where should I’ll be able to do my deed. And then we found ourselves in Dumanjug and in a blast I am in the public toilet already. Luckily and God was really so supportive of me, that the toilet is clean and with plenty of water. (And no much people inside) I am ready with soap and water and voila, I am so ready to go! Hahaha! After hal paid 2 pesos for using the public toilet, he said I should’ve used the "bakya" (wooded slippers) situated by the entrance. Then that’s why they were able to maintain the clean public toilet. Sorry for that: p I am really in a hurry and don’t care anymore. That was my first time and it’s really an ultimate challenge so please sorry for sharing this.  

Ok so let’s move on, since we are in Dumanjug, we just waited for a few minutes for another bus back to Badian. Kaye and Jeck will just wait for us in Brgy. Matutinao. And as soon as we reached the Barangay with a refreshing feeling inside, we heard the bad news.

Kawasan Falls is closed for 2 months already. OMG! After all those struggles and we will not be able to see the falls?! So here’s what happened. A local approached us and told that they know another way to see Kawasan Falls secretly, yes secretly. On our way, the locals who guided us on our way to the falls told us the story. The Kawasan falls is in major construction to restore its natural beauty. They told that the local government will soon remove the commercial houses near the falls. And so we realized that what we were doing is illegal and I wish posting this will not cause any harm to us and the people who brought us to the falls. We also then realized that they are forced to do inside job because of hundreds of tourist coming was now down to zero. And the tour guides/habal-habal drivers and those who are pulling the balsa, “taga-hatak” are now jobless. I really understand their sentiments and why they are doing it. They said that there were lots of tourists including foreigners who were really unable to get through and we’re lucky.

An easy 15 minutes walk towards the falls. 

The site shows that the place are catering plenty of guest before.

Picture first on our way to the falls. 

The Matutinao river system, powered by the waterfalls.
After all the not so good start yet a successful trip, we still had a great time in Kawasan, we ride the balsa for added fun, plus we own the previously crowded falls that day.  

Naks! 

And so our turn.

Yes we really are having fun.



To the local government of Badian, I do understand that we should also follow your order not to enter the falls but then I guess for those who really made effort just to see your wonderful falls, maybe you can give some considerations. There was no construction or whatsoever that was happening upon reaching the falls. So I guess it’s not so bad to go there right. Only the majestic view and the weeds that proved that no much people are able to visit. 



My emotera and emoterong friends just like me...haha!

Yey!

A good massage.

And having a good time. 


We are so blessed that despite all, we was able to enjoy our trip to the Kawasan falls. Going back to the city was easy. We just waited for another bus bound to Cebu. Last trip are around 6-7pm as per the locals. We left around 4pm I guess. And that ends our Day 2. 

Here's the summary of our expenses: 





Check other post related to this  trip: 


_______________________________________________________

No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.  ~Lin Yutang


14 comments:

iamjessiegarcia said...

ganda ng falls...

i guess, your attempt to see the Kawasan Falls despite of it being closed will also help the locals in the area. i think this should not be a big deal since you didn't do any harm plus you helped some locals. ^^

KULAPITOT said...

promise ganda nung falls sa pic .. gusto ko makita sa personal!

Arvin U. de la Peña said...

buti ka pa nakaligo na diyan...

June | Life and Spices said...

wow! ang ganda ng tubig.. iba ang pag ka blue..

YAMIE said...

Love the falls :-) And in all fairness, affordable ang expenses =)

anney said...

Love love all the photos! Ganda dyan!

Sol said...

whaaa~~~~ ang ganda ng falls ♥

Colors and Grays said...

wow! ang ganda naman dyan. sarap siguro maligo ano. lalo na dun sa part na kung saan nahuhulog ang tubig. parang minamasahe buong katawan nyan.

anyhow, may award ka na naghihintay syo. paki-claim na po dito:

http://colors-and-grays.blogspot.com/2012/06/yay-my-very-first-bloggers-award.html

WANDER SHUGAH said...

wow kawasan falls is beautiful!!! I thot sinara to. buti pde na mg accept uli ng guests.

Unknown said...

Yes sarado cya, swerte lang nakapasok, so it will be a risk kung makakapasok or inde...

gelaikuting said...

Hello, I'll be in Cebu this coming December and I included Kawasan Falls in our itinerary. Do u have any contact nos.? gusko ko talaga pumunta dito @.@

Unknown said...

Hi Gelaikuting - Wala kami contact nos. We were just lucky to see Kawasan Falls kahit close siya temporarily. Search the net and it seems sarado parin. But I guess by December eh sana naman open na siya ulit for public.

The rates given to us were the standards I guess, so pagdating nyo dun and if open na na nga siya eh there are lots of guides naman for sure.

Unknown said...

Kakalungkot Naman. I am happy u and ur friends were able to go in secretly. I really want to see the falls. I felt sad hung naked no gang sara do.. Baka naman u. Can share to us how you secretly got in? :)

Unknown said...

Swerte lang kami nakita kami nila Kuya dun...And factor na rin cguro na apat lang kami at nag bus lang... hindi halatang dun kami pupunta...

Post a Comment