All I Want for Christmas



Getting a tag from Cris reminded me that Christmas was really getting nearer and nearer everyday. It's December already and sometimes I feel so “Grinch” every season. You know, yes that's it. The Grinch from a movie that hates Christmas. Though I am not really an exaggerated Grinch like, it’s just that I feel sad, not excited and wishing to extend more days before December.

Truly, I am getting emotional every holiday season. 1st thing is I feel so old because I’ll be celebrating my birthday on the next month. And it’s seems like automatic to think of the things you did this year, what you’ve achieved and what you’ve wanted to achieve more. However I am still glad that even there are a lot of rough times. Filipinos are very good in keeping the Christmas spirit and celebrating it in every possible ways, from the simple family gatherings to decorating the entire house with Santa Claus. So being Pinay, positivity should rule for me. The more you think it's possible, then it is. So then I stop being "The Grinch."

Anyway, I thank Cris for tagging me here and triggering me to think of my top 6 wishes for Christmas. Btw my list is more like of my goals together with a particular wish to achieve this Christmas.

  1. Money Machine: Well, obviously this is not only for December but for the years to come. I am now doing my best to keep my penny-wise living now and spending sensibly than before. I am now investing in a stock market (in a passive way for now) and would love to start another money machine but still working on it. Help me plan on getting a small business please! Yeah, so to be able to create a clever business plan is my wish for Christmas.

  1. Tithe and Volunteer: I wish to continuously do my tithing and start a regular voluntary work. I am a regular “The Feast” attendee in Alabang and I would recommend you to try visiting them. It will help you keep your faith and focus and build your positive self in God’s guidance. I can’t explain well here but you’re all invited to visit any “The Feast” community near you. Regret is really not a word if you try. A volunteer work or a feeding program is my wish for Christmas.

  1. Unity and Forgiveness: My parents are in a rough time and I wish that they will find forgiveness and unity to each other this holiday season. It’s really weird to think that they are almost on their senior years and spent more than 30 years together and now they hated each other. I wish to just laugh on it but I am seeing that deep inside there are such heartaches. A mass together with my Nanay and Tatay and a happy Noche Buena with them is a wish for Christmas.

  1. Out of the Country Trip: Hal and I are planning to do our SE Asia backpacking trip and if this may not be possible this year, hopefully this can be our honeymoon adventure, of course after the wedding. Again, not a wish to be granted this December but maybe Santa Claus can back me UP there in fulfilling our future plans. So for now Hal needs to get a new job first so we can proceed with our plans is a wish for Christmas. 

  1. Healthy Lifestyle: I want to jog more, smash more (in Badminton), sweat more and be more flexible. Because I hate myself waking up with a backache and feeling so unenergetic. I guess I am fighting with my own discipline here. A consistent everyday exercise and a weekly jogging session with Hal is a wish for Christmas.

  1. Travel gadgets: Outdoor set, pocket camera, hiking gear and all the basics that we need for our backpacking trip. A new hiking bag first to start and this is my wish for Christmas.

I hope I didn’t bore you with my wishlist and I would really love to know yours too! So it’s your turn to post in your own creative way:

  1. Sol of Wanders of Solita
  2. Jessie of Happy Feet
  3. Bheng of Soul Orphaned
  4. Bhie of Bhie~BusyMom
  5. Mitch of Round-Tripinay
  6. Scarlettie13 of Relief Through Escape

*But remember that this tag post has rules*

1. Kindly use the same title and as well as the first photo that I put here (that blurry picture of a Christmas tree above) in your post.

2. List 6 things that you want to receive for Christmas. 

3. Tag 6 of your friends to make the same post (no tag backs). 

4. Send me the link so I could check it out too.

~ Enjoy! ~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi gladys, tina (BSC) here, hehe i just read your blog. unselfish ang mga Christmas wishlist kaya i know ggrant lahat ni Lord yan. Merry Christmas.

Solita said...

Hi Glads,

Thanks for tagging :) Here's mine

http://mirasolquisto.wix.com/portfolio/apps/blog/all-i-want-for-christmas

*hugs :*

Pinay Thrillseeker said...

I'd also want a hiking backpack. For dayhikes. Ang laki ng backpack ko e. :)

Post a Comment